An opportunity is available for an experienced Site Manager to join our well established and reputable company. Abbott Construction operate across a broad range of sectors with a typical value of work ranging up to £5 million. The majority of our work is new build with the occasional refurbishment project and form of contracts range from design & build to traditional.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced construction Site Manager preferably with education, commercial and housing experience that you have gained with a regional or national main contractor. The candidate will be someone with a keen eye for detail, organisational skills and the ability to run a site. You will have an excellent commercial awareness about you
You will be responsible for planning the development of a site, managing all aspects of the construction process, including the quality, providing excellent customer service and ensuring Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a successful and driven construction team. Ideally the candidate will reside in Kent.
Key qualities that we are looking for in the successful candidate are:-
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision-making ability
- Ability to motivate others
- Team working skills
- Good knowledge of building methods and regulations
- Attention to detail
- Clean driving licence
- Computer/IT literacy in word/excel documents, email and programme software.
- SMSTS (required as a minimum)
- CSCS (required as a minimum)
- First Aid
- Scaffold Inspection (Preferable)
- To comply with Abbott Policy and Procedures.
- Managing the day to day operation and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant including material lead times
- Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure the construction programme is achieved and high quality of product is maintained.
- Produce short term programmes to compliment the construction programme and detail the management of site activities.
- Requisition materials in good time for the buyer to procure at the most competitive prices.
- Providing clear direction to the on-site construction team regarding responsibilities and targets
- Ensures the development pass internal and external inspection processes
- Providing accurate and regular reports on progress and dates
- Controlling additional costs for non-productive costs and prelim expenditure
- Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are followed and adhered to
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of production
- Ensuring any remedial work is completed prior to occupation
- Ensure customer service remains of the highest priority at all times with everyone on site
- On site duties will include conducting site inductions, checking work, coordinating subcontractors, attending site meetings and daily administration (eg diaries, return sheets, etc)
* Competitive Salary * Pension * Company Car allowance (or company van)
References will be required (written and oral)
CV and enquiries by email to Mick Hughes, Contracts Manager: email@example.com