Assistant Site Manager
An opportunity is available for an Assistant Site Manager to join our well established and reputable company.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working under the supervision of a Site Manager. The initial position will be on a current school project which is due for completion in October 2018. It is essential for the successful candidate to have a proactive attitude. At the end of this project, the successful candidate will be looking to further their career within Abbott’s and in a position to fully manage their own projects. Ideally the candidate will reside in or around the Canterbury area.
Our Site Managers are responsible for ordering materials, managing various sized projects, sometimes with large numbers of people, ensuring health and safety and delivering exceptional customer service. Your job will be to help them to do that. We will be looking a candidate who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination, whilst learning about managing people, working to programme, understanding construction details and ensuring that our sites are safe.
Key qualities that we are looking for in the successful candidate are:-
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision-making ability
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate others
- Team working skills
- Good knowledge of building methods and regulations
- Attention to detail
- To comply with Abbott Construction’s Policy and Procedures.
- Working with the Site Manager and supervise all sub-contractors and trades.
- Co-ordination of sub-contractors and material deliveries to assist the Site Manager in ensuring an efficient method of build, to the required build quality and build programme.
- Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure programmes are achieved and high quality of product is maintained.
- To ensure working methods are performed correctly.
- Assist with Site Manager’s responsibilities as laid down in the Health, Safety & Welfare Policy, to complete the relevant documentation on a weekly/monthly basis and encourage safe working practices on site.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
- On site duties will include conducting site inductions, checking work, coordinating subcontractors, attending site meetings and daily administration (eg diaries, return sheets, etc).
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to Mick Hughes, Contracts Manager: email@example.com
Abbott Construction is an Equality and Diversity Employer.