ABBOTT CONSTRUCTION CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
In these unprecedented times of uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Abbott’s are ensuring we take all reasonable measures to protect our employees, clients, consultants and subcontractors, both on site and in the office.
We continue to review the developments on a daily basis in line with the advice given by the Government and UK Health Authorities.
All of our sites have been issued with guidance notes in order to mitigate the increasing risk. Toolbox Talks are taking place on all sites including an explanation of the increased measures we are taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our workforce. These include:
- Deep cleaning of toilet/ welfare facilities on a weekly basis (in addition to a standard daily clean)
- Disposable tissues provided for welfare and office facilities
- Additional bins for the disposal of used tissues and wipes
- Hand cleaning posters issued for display in the canteen and toilets along with suitable provision of anti-bacterial soap and/or hand sanitiser.
- Guidance on symptoms, virus transmission and self-isolation.
In addition to our sites, we are introducing similar safeguarding measures within the office in line with Government directions. We have suspended non-essential meetings and visitors to our offices and are encouraging telephone conference calling wherever possible in order to minimise social and group contact.
Our business continues to operate in the normal manner and we thank you for your assistance in helping us through this extraordinary situation.